Monday, February 20, 2006

I do magic at work.




Working for the same company as my sister can have its days. When employers come into my building they’ll stare at me for a moment dumbfounded. When I first started working there this would bother me. Some would not walk through the doors until they are sure of what they are seeing.

What’s their problem: Supposedly almost 90% of those my sister and I have encountered say my sister and I look so much alike… they can’t believe it.


You should see them: They would have just visited my sister’s building and coming to mine. When I see them approaching me…I’ll simile…and they’ll give me this look and stop in their tracks. I would laugh but will not say why. They’ll stay a little further than usual and ask me “Do you have a sister at the next building”. Yes, I do…she’s working there right now. They’ll come closer (verified I wasn’t a ghost) and tell me that I look just like her. They’ll walk away still staring at me with their confusion.

This is same story my sister tells me.

This is surprising to both of us because we don’t look alike. Maybe we are so focused on the opposites that we don’t notice the similarities we have.



No comments: