Friday, May 18, 2007



I went to a speech given by the president of the company I work for. Let me tell you, he is a celebrity to those who work at the company. All the cameras miraculously appeared when he entered the auditorium. It was as if Brad Pitt made an appearance. People were hyped to hear him speak. Understandably he is the top of food chain in a multi-million dollar company but this is not all of it.

People admire him because he is a people person! Of the things I heard in my two short days at my job, people at the very top give speeches but rarely do they stick afterwards to meet anyone at all. They want the title and the money-that’s it. They hate to mingle and hear about concerns. This man however, wants to know about the people in the company-the very individuals that make the company what it is from the very bottom to the top.

So, I have to say proudly that I got to shake his hands. I told him my name and he asked me to spell it-so I did! Usually people will just have a confused look and simile. But he actually wanted me to spell my name. That was great!

I have so much to learn. Even introducing myself in a confident and clear manner is something I need to work on. When there is a mob of people trying to have a few words with a celebrity, which was the scene at this time, you need to standout of the group and get him to remember you.

No comments: