Sunday, July 23, 2006

hello?!? Tamil please....



The past week I been on the phone talking to various people about my dad's 401k distributions.

Its all very new to me. I had no idea what 401K was about...honestly I thought the government was rewarding us for working...keeping the economy going...free money! I know I am really clueless..these type of teachings should be a requirement in all universities!

A class on "various paper work for every step of your life." Something...anything!

Okay so I obviously wouldn't even know where to begin to ask the questions that would make my dad happy. So when I called his last employer I requested a Tamil translator...and we got someone on the phone with us in less than five minutes! This was so new to me!

My dad talked to a lady in Colombo. Every question my dad asked she would translate it in English to my dad's employer and then translate the answer in Tamil to my dad.

The thought that we are all so becoming globally connected within a few minutes boggles my mind! So cool!


No comments: